Software Engineer [Remote/ HK] (Clojure/ ClojuresScript)
Who we're looking for:
gini is looking for a Software Engineer to join our amazing tech team!
What you will be doing:
- Work on a Greenfield project, collaborating closely with the CTO, Senior Engineers and Product Designer to build the next version of our product.
- Work in a results-driven team and produce quality by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- Actively own features or systems and define their long-term health while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- Use data to drive decisions quickly, make mistakes and learn from them, iterate and ship.
- Be part of the initial core team in a fast growing company and market, fast-tracking your experience.
- Be part of hiring and growing the team and deeply review code.Influence the engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Who you are:
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for years and have experience working with AWS or other cloud providers.
- You have experience and enjoy working with functional languages.You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards extensibility and maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for youYou always consider privacy and security of your users and the programs they use and this reflects on your code and reviews.
- You're able to communicate effectively in writing within a distributed team.
- You're based within 8 hours time difference from Hong Kong (GMT +8).
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Clojure and ClojureScript in production (Clojure is not a must-have but you need to be eager to learn it as most of our stack is in Clojure).Experience building and running Datomic in production.
- Experience in Time series forecasting.
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus the opportunity for equity
- Health insurance, including dental (if remote the value in HK will be added to your salary)
- Flexible working hours - we don't care when you're at your workstation, we care about results.
- Beautiful workspace in Hong Kong with free drinks and snacks and Friday happy hours with industry guests.
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
For all inquiries, please email hr [at] gini.co